2021 Astros

Eventually the Rona will be on the run and we'll have sports again, right!?
Vincent Vega

2021 Astros

Post by Vincent Vega »

So, not a bad start huh? That said, how terrible are the A's?

Dodged a bullet with Brantley. Had he broken a bone in his hand that would have been pretty devastating to the lineup. Only so much of Straw and McCormick I can take in the same lineup.

Hasn't been any discussion about Correa turning down the 6 year $120M offer the Astros made a couple weeks before his self imposed 4/1 deadline. Regardless of how this season goes he's going to get a much larger offer next year. Best enjoy him while we can.

I hope Diaz can stay healthy this year cause that dude can hit.

If Tucker can hit .250 he might have a big year. He's not getting many hits, but when he does he's doing damage.

Dodgers repeat.

GlassJoe

Re: 2021 Astros

Post by GlassJoe »

the deal they offered Correa was already too much. He's ok. Basically, he's a .265-.275 hitter with 25 homer power that never plays in more than 150 games a year. He's a Johnny Peralta or Adsbrubal Cabrera in their prime. yawn. I guess he can be much more, but, well, he simply hasn't it. And it's his 7th season now.

Bullpen scares me, but astros are of course looking great.

F YOU A's.

Diaz can be our Marwin.

Agree, Doyers win again.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

do we need the booing while playing on the road as motivation?

been a shitshow the past 3 games. Can't hit all of a sudden. Yordong looks lost. bullpen kinda sucks. greinke -I'm just worried he's about at the end. Prove me wrong buddy! Any gas left in that tank?

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Yeah, it's amazing how bad they are at home versus on the road, but that has been an issue for years. Weird deal. Even when they were bangin' trashcans they were hitting better on the road.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

I don't blame Correa. Look around at all the megadeals that SS's are getting. It's insane. We got Bregman on a huge discount if you ask me. That was an outlier. You can't expect the same with Correa.

Move Bregman to SS and got get a solid 3rd off FA. What's in the farm system? Anything close we could bring up to play 3rd or SS?

hard of smelling

Post by hard of smelling »

I can't take Straw in the line-up much longer. He's just not an everyday player.

How is it that the Stros have played the A's at leas 35 times and they have yet to face Fiers? And why is there no talk about it throughout baseball for this guy dodging facing them with obvious help and cooperation from his team?
It's not a lie if you believe it.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

hard of smelling wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:05 pm
How is it that the Stros have played the A's at least 35 times and they have yet to face Fiers?
And it's not like he's even gonna get thrown at. He doesn't bat. Is Jose gonna watch the first pitch go straight in the catcher's mitt then charge the mound? Seems unlikely. He's a big, steamy, amazonian, hairy bush of a twat. So are the A's for protecting him.

Velcro Serpent

Post by Velcro Serpent »

If the Yankees Red Sox or dodgers were involved in this, instead of the Astros and A’s, they’d never stop talking about it, on national media.

We need to start raising hell.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Velcro Serpent wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:03 pm
If the Yankees Red Sox or dodgers were involved in this, instead of the Astros and A’s, they’d never stop talking about it, on national media.

We need to start raising hell.

But let's not talk about their cheating scandals. Where's the rug?