The Deep State

Politics - try to keep the punches above the belt
Master of My Domain

Re: The Deep State

Post by Master of My Domain »

Thanks for your honesty. I still don't know what evidence your opinion about the larger picture is based upon, other than the ranting of your favored news entertainers.
My opinion about the corruption of the Obama administration goes back to the IRS denying tax exempt status to conservative groups while Obama smiled on television about "not a smidge of corruption." It goes back to when Obama told a Russian official on a hot mic to tell Vladimir that he will have more flexibility after the election. It goes back to when Obama and Hillary stood in front of the caskets of four Americans and told their families they would get the people behind the YouTube video. It goes back to Bill and Loretta Lynch meeting on a tarmac just to discuss golf and grandchildren. It goes to Hillary Clinton blatantly breaking the law and Obama's DOJ doing absolutely nothing about it.

Do you really think all of these feds are just dedicated public servants like MSNBC tries to portray them? You've read the Strzok/Page transcripts, right? These weren't low-level FBI folks...Strzok was in charge of the Hillary investigation and I believe he was in charge of Crossfire Hurricane until those transcripts came to light. "No, we'll stop him." Let's meet with McCabe about the "insurance policy."

Comey had Hillary dead to rights and reinterpreted the law so that he wouldn't have to prosecute her, because he wanted her to win. His FBI did a dog and pony show investigation so that they would not upset their incoming boss. Leaks started to emerge about Trump and his "ties to Russia" right before the election.

He wasn't supposed to win. And, if he hadn't, this all would have been swept under the rug and we would have never known.

My understanding is that the Flynn stuff is the tip of the iceberg. My hope is that evidence is coming forward that proves without any shadow of doubt just how corrupt they were. Right now we are all just grasping at straws with a very incomplete record of evidence.
“May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.” - Jack Burton

The Dude

Post by The Dude »

The Dude wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:10 pm
Curiously, the chairman of this committee Richard Burr had his house raided by the FBI yesterday. While I applaud this and hope he's held accountable for his (and his brother in law's) dodgy insider trading on pandemic news, they sure as shit better be investigating and/or raiding Kelly Loeffler and Diane Feinstein soon as well. If not, this looks like more fuck shit from Barr. Loeffler's trades look especially egregious, not only dumping a bunch of stocks that would be crushed by Covid-induced shutdowns, but also buying stocks that would benefit from work-from-home measures like Citrix.
I never closed the loop on this one, but it sure smells fishy that everyone else gets off except for Burr. I fail to see what he did differently that hangs him other than subpoenaing Don Jr and leading the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. They all have some ninja ass brokers if they knew in late January/early February that Covid was coming to our shores and our markets were going to start getting crushed the last week in February.
-The Department of Justice has dropped its investigation into three US senators accused of insider trading after receiving closed-door briefings on the likely impact of the coronavirus.
-Federal charges will not be filed against Republican Sens. Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma or Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California.
-All three sold stock shortly before markets nosedived in March as the wider world realized the economic damage that would come from the virus.
-Loeffler, Inhofe, and Feinstein said they had no personal involvement in the sales, which they said were made by brokers without their direct input.
GOP Sen.
-Richard Burr of North Carolina remains under investigation.
-Burr dumped hotel stocks as the pandemic began to spread from Asia but has said he made the decision based on news reports.
https://www.businessinsider.com/doj-dro ... ash-2020-5

Master of My Domain

While the whole thing is worth a listen, 6:40 is where it starts to get more interesting:

Master of My Domain

Cruz grandstands a bit here...doesn't mean he isn't right, though.

Master of My Domain

Meant to post this when it happened, but I've been pretty busy of late. This is Jim Jordan's intro from when Barr testified recently. The first seven minutes or so of this speech is as good a summary/explanation of the behavior of Comey's "deep state" as I have heard.