Como estan, b*****s!

General BS, no politics
Master of My Domain

Como estan, b*****s!

Post by Master of My Domain »

I apologize for not being present on this board for some time. I used to check on the fest during the work day and maybe make a post or two during my lunch break. And then, one day I noticed that another forum had been added...one that could get somebody in my profession fired. That explains my hiatus. However, the school year is done, summer is here and I can once again chat you with you perverts from the privacy of my own home.

It does not appear that I have missed much, though. Been pretty dead around these parts. Semi-frequent sports talk and miscellaneous other topics. Nobody wants to touch anything political, although we are going through a critical period in American history. The Dude appears to be MIA.

I will be back to stir the pot. Bring your "A" game.
“May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.” - Jack Burton

GlassJoe

Re: Como estan, b*****s!

Post by GlassJoe »

Mens Room has been lacking anyway, buddy.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Y'all are about to get Bear Alexander. There is your massive nugget for the day.

Master of My Domain

Vincent Vega wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 pm
Y'all are about to get Bear Alexander. There is your massive nugget for the day.
Not a done deal, but looks very promising. By all accounts, we had a massive recruiting weekend...nobody has jumped on board yet, but everybody on our end feels like the staff knocked it out of the park. Solidified the guys we already have committed and have them all fired up about working on filling out the class. Made up huge ground with Bryce Anderson and Arizona DT Anthony Lucas (#1 player out of Arizona). There is a long way to go with Anderson, but we're probably in as good as shape as anybody right now. Looks like we are in really good shape with Chris Marshall, Ish Harris and Jamarion Miller...sounds like we could get commits from any of those guys in the near future.

He isn't committing for a while, but sounds like we're in great shape with Harold Perkins.

The biggest news, though, probably is the push we're making against Georgia. Jimbo has poached several of Georgia's best recruiters recently (Director of Player Personnel Marshall Malchow was hired as our Assistant AD for football, Assistant Head Coach James Coley was brought over to coach tight ends, and GA Nick Williams was brought over as a defensive analyst) and that seems to have been a game changer not only for Bear Alexander (decommitted from Georgia yesterday and we seem to be the clear favorite) but we also seemed to have gotten the attention of current Georgia commit and five star prospect Deyon "Smoke" Bouie from Georgia. Bear and Bouie are close...not saying it's going to happen, but apparently we are totally on Bouie's radar now.

Unfortunately, Bama is really doing well with Denver Harris and Terrance Brooks. Harris seems close to a Bama lock, and Saban is really in Brooks's ear as well. Oh, well...can't get them all.

NumberTwo

Post by NumberTwo »

Where will you be educating and coaching America's youth next year?

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

yeah. what he said.

Bunk Moreland

Post by Bunk Moreland »

Reuben Owens figured out where the brake petal was today.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Bunk Moreland wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:05 pm
Reuben Owens figured out where the brake petal was today.
*spidey

Master of My Domain

NumberTwo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 am
Sorry that I'm just now replying to this...I'll be just down the road from you in Fulshear, teaching U.S. History at the high school. I'm now out of coaching. #2, I have nothing but respect for the profession and I've had some great moments in both football and soccer over the last six years. However, I HATE the hours that coaches work. It's hard to have any kind of semblance of a normal life during the season, when you are working anywhere from sixty to eighty hours in a week.

During both football and soccer season, I was normally only home to shower and sleep during the week (eating fast food on the drive home). On the weekend, I was trying to catch up on sleep and do stuff like grade papers and plan for the following week that most teachers did before they left for the weekend. Didn't see my family much and I was in a crappy mood most of the time. As a coach, you have moments of joy and fulfillment that are hard to match, and I know that is why so many coaches do this for a living. But, I just wanted a normal life again.

Pay is good...I'll actually be making more just teaching than I did with two coaching stipends at my old school. Truth be told, I'll be making pretty much the same salary I made when I had a badge and wore a coat and tie every day.

And...I'll be going home every day in time to work out and eat a normal dinner with my family. I'll have weekends again. Plus, I'll be in the same teaching department with two people I know: my cousin's wife (who is probably the reason I got the job) and their soccer coach (who I've worked with a bunch in the past few years and I get along real well with). I'm a little nervous, as I've only taught high school once and I've never taught a subject that is STAAR-tested, but I'm excited. Been hoping to get out of a coaching for the past year or two, and this seems like almost the perfect opportunity to do so.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Congrats Master! Those coaching hours are brutal. Enjoy more time with your family.

Master of My Domain

Vincent Vega wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:35 pm
Congrats Master! Those coaching hours are brutal. Enjoy more time with your family.
Thank you, Vega.

NumberTwo

Post by NumberTwo »

Master of My Domain wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:07 pm
NumberTwo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 am
Sorry that I'm just now replying to this...I'll be just down the road from you in Fulshear, teaching U.S. History at the high school. I'm now out of coaching. #2, I have nothing but respect for the profession and I've had some great moments in both football and soccer over the last six years. However, I HATE the hours that coaches work. It's hard to have any kind of semblance of a normal life during the season, when you are working anywhere from sixty to eighty hours in a week.

During both football and soccer season, I was normally only home to shower and sleep during the week (eating fast food on the drive home). On the weekend, I was trying to catch up on sleep and do stuff like grade papers and plan for the following week that most teachers did before they left for the weekend. Didn't see my family much and I was in a crappy mood most of the time. As a coach, you have moments of joy and fulfillment that are hard to match, and I know that is why so many coaches do this for a living. But, I just wanted a normal life again.

Pay is good...I'll actually be making more just teaching than I did with two coaching stipends at my old school. Truth be told, I'll be making pretty much the same salary I made when I had a badge and wore a coat and tie every day.

And...I'll be going home every day in time to work out and eat a normal dinner with my family. I'll have weekends again. Plus, I'll be in the same teaching department with two people I know: my cousin's wife (who is probably the reason I got the job) and their soccer coach (who I've worked with a bunch in the past few years and I get along real well with). I'm a little nervous, as I've only taught high school once and I've never taught a subject that is STAAR-tested, but I'm excited. Been hoping to get out of a coaching for the past year or two, and this seems like almost the perfect opportunity to do so.
You put yourself in a great situation. You’ll enjoy your new challenges at Fulshear. It’s wild how close our schools are. Drop by if you want to check out things down the road. We’ve been at it for 3 weeks now. Camp, then Freshman reported, and all came back on Monday. I completely understand your comments on the coaching life. The way I got into the profession was more hours and almost year round. The HS schedule is scaled back in comparison, so it doesn’t bother me much. I kind of look forward to the grind because it’s only about 3 months at it’s worst. If it ever becomes a burden, there’s no issue in finding the right balance. Good luck over there this year. Y’all have an interesting case study as a new FB HC. The new guy is a high-intensity, out of stater that’s best known for his work out regimen and hair style. I’m interested in seeing how his tenure plays out. Let me know if you hear any interesting scoop from around the field house.

Master of My Domain

Lol…his hair game is pretty strong. I’ll let you know if I hear anything interesting.