Ford Bronco, Mach 1, and F-150

General BS, no politics
T-Bubs

Ford Bronco, Mach 1, and F-150

Post by T-Bubs »

Ford is to debut the Bronco (July 9th), F-150 (June 25th), and just debuted the Mustang Mach 1.

The Bronco is rumored to have a 7-speed manual including a crawl gear, removable doors and roof, 2- and 4-door options, and a locking wheel so the truck will pivot (see second 23 in the video below). I will be test driving one. If it rides like a Wrangler, I won't consider purchasing one.

Vincent Vega

Re: Ford Bronco, Mach 1, and F-150

Post by Vincent Vega »

I'm pretty disappointed in the look of the Bronco. Reminds me of a FJ Cruiser. Some of the concepts in recent years were so much better.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

I would mostly agree but I don't think they completely missed the mark. It harks back to the 1st generation Broncos while at the same time "borrowing" from the Wrangler. My guess, the actual purchasing market/consumer will make their decision based on its functionality rather than its looks. But for sure, looks will play a part and they could have been more dramatic with them. I'm interested to see what it looks like in person. That always makes a difference.

Being that the Bronco will share the same frame as the Ranger, the Bronco team may have been boxed in more than they would have liked if they were able to start from the ground up.

Train

Post by Train »

July 9th just happens to be OJ’s bday

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

F-150 debut is tonight. Set your timers and reminders.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

I'm biased but home F'n run!

Don't like the doors - take them off or get new ones. Don't like the top - take it off or take sections of it off. Don't like the fender flares - take them off. Trail tracking feature. 7 speed manual with crawler gear. 35" tires. Drain in the floorboard. All wins. The one thing I don't like is that you can ONLY get the manual with the 4-banger engine. I would have liked to see it in the V6.