CFB 2021

Eventually the Rona will be on the run and we'll have sports again, right!?
GlassJoe

Re: CFB 2021

Post by GlassJoe »

I have no words.

Master of My Domain

Post by Master of My Domain »

GlassJoe wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm
I have no words.
It’s so bad, I would feel guilty making fun of you all. Texas is broken. You have a handful of skill position guys who can play, but your o-line and your defensive front is straight garbage. Seems to be a toxic environment, as well. Sarkisian probably isn’t the right guy, and your stuck with him for at least a couple more seasons. You guys are going to struggle for the foreseeable future. Oh, and you’re going to the SEC, too.

Texas is the new Nebraska.
“May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.” - Jack Burton

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Unfortunately or fortunately. I couldn't watch most of the game. I had a dumb friend's 40th to go to and had to watch most from my phone and on the bar TV. Not ideal. From what I did see, Calzada has been himself for the last 3 games (Mizzou, Auburn, and Ole Miss). He doesn't have the ability to lift all boats on a consistent basis. He's good. He has talent. The team loves him. He will never have to purchase a beer in CS for the rest of his life. He isn't the answer. But it's not all his fault. Why Jimbo refuses to run the ball infuriates me. How this team couldn't run against a terrible run defense and one that was beat up is mystifying.

I didn't understand why all the national pundits had us scoring 30+ points, win or lose. That didn't pass the eye test. Bama was an outlier scoring a bunch against a terrible SC and Mizzou team is just what you're supposed to do. I told all my friends from the beginning of the season that this game scared me. It couldn't turn into a shootout because that isn't how this team is constructed. If we were going to win this game, it was going to need to be low scoring and it was and we still found a way to lose. It looked like it was going to out of hand but Elko and his D are legit and kept it from being over early. Pay that man all the moneys and pay someone to tell Jimbo to call plays that help his QB.

As for the sips...How can Sark survive? I'm not saying he's gonna get fired after the season. It's just hard to imagine a path where he lifts this program out of the ashes like a phoenix. Even if recruiting is the saving grace, it takes time to develop players. He can't put nothing but freshman on the field and expect to compete in the SEC. If I had to bet, he'll be gone after year 3.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

The only shot Sark has is the portal. And I think that is a long shot at this point. Like you said, even if Texas ends up signing a strong class (who knows how many of these guys will stay committed to this shit show) it takes time to develop. They need immediate impactful players. Problem is, those guys are going to want to portal to Bama, tOSU, Georgia, etc. I just don't see it happening.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

Worst UT team I've seen since I've been following them. so, since about 1992. Worse than 4-7 1997 team b/c at least that team had Ricky. Pathetic. Laughable.

I expect 40-50% roster turnover. Maybe we get Ewers in the portal. Sark gets year #2, but if its the same shit, gotta cut bait with him I guess.

Blade

Post by Blade »

All gas and no brakes with the wheels falling off doesn’t seem safe.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Also, it’s so bad that my brother in law asked me to sit in the Presidents suite for Fridays game with him and I really don’t want to go. Guess I’ll hammer the free premium booze though.

*booze

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Should we feel worse for you or your brother-in-law?

I thought this was funny.

Bunk Moreland

Post by Bunk Moreland »

Well just want to share my thoughts on the Aggie season. Outside of one magical night the season was very disappointing. We lost our QB early and combined with an inexperienced OL had a really rough stretch against Colorado, Arkansas and Miss St. We got it together at home and beat Bama which was great but after that win we just weren’t very good on offense, especially on the road.

Calzada is a good kid, he played tough, he just wasn’t the QB that this team needed to get the offense on track. Defense was great all season. I will miss seeing that DL group. Clemons, Leal, Peevy will all be players on Sunday. Plenty of talent coming back next year. I will miss the heart and soul of our team Leon O’Neal he will always be one of my favorite players to ever wear the Maroon and White.

Good luck to the seniors and departing players…..esp Demarvin Leal, Isiah Spiller, Kenyon Green, Aaron Hansford, Michael Clemons and Jalen Wydmeyer. Go get the bag.

Jimbo has some real work to do on the offensive side of the ball. I think he is one QB away from solving it. Just complete that recruiting class and keep building a solid team on both sides of the ball.

That LSU game was frustrating. We got totally fucked on that missed call when we literally took the ball put of the punt returners hands prior to the whistle but that’s SEC Officiating coupled with Baton Rouge, LA

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

If King plays all year, tamu goes, what, 9-3? Is he enough to beat any of Arky, any school in MS, or LSU? Arky, probably. who knows. but, wasted a great year from a great defense. Well, not WASTED, not a 5-7 washout like my alma mater, but still, that was a first tier D playing for tamu this year.

Jimbo will get some guys in there I guess - but got a lot to replace. lots of guys gone for the ags now.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Bunk Moreland wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:45 pm
Well just want to share my thoughts on the Aggie season. Outside of one magical night the season was very disappointing. We lost our QB early and combined with an inexperienced OL had a really rough stretch against Colorado, Arkansas and Miss St. We got it together at home and beat Bama which was great but after that win we just weren’t very good on offense, especially on the road.

Calzada is a good kid, he played tough, he just wasn’t the QB that this team needed to get the offense on track. Defense was great all season. I will miss seeing that DL group. Clemons, Leal, Peevy will all be players on Sunday. Plenty of talent coming back next year. I will miss the heart and soul of our team Leon O’Neal he will always be one of my favorite players to ever wear the Maroon and White.

Good luck to the seniors and departing players…..esp Demarvin Leal, Isiah Spiller, Kenyon Green, Aaron Hansford, Michael Clemons and Jalen Wydmeyer. Go get the bag.

Jimbo has some real work to do on the offensive side of the ball. I think he is one QB away from solving it. Just complete that recruiting class and keep building a solid team on both sides of the ball.

That LSU game was frustrating. We got totally fucked on that missed call when we literally took the ball put of the punt returners hands prior to the whistle but that’s SEC Officiating coupled with Baton Rouge, LA
Perfectly said.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »