2021 Astros

Eventually the Rona will be on the run and we'll have sports again, right!?
GlassJoe

Re: 2021 Astros

Post by GlassJoe »

dusty is fucking horrible.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

So is the bullpen.

Also, Correa isn't doing much in a contract year. I'm sure someone will pay him some ridiculous amount of money in a long-term contract that he will never live up to, but damn, it is looking like he should have taken that 6 year $120M deal.

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

Correa just has never been great. been ok. good at times. but usually he's hurt, and mediocre.

hard of smelling

Post by hard of smelling »

Correa needs to get shipped before the trade deadline. Take whatever you can get for him and be happy.

How has this team gotten swept by both the Rangers and Tigers this season?

Kershaw vs Greinke tonight. I'll take that on a Tuesday night.
It's not a lie if you believe it.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

GlassJoe wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:49 pm
Correa just has never been great. been ok. good at times. but usually he's hurt, and mediocre.
He's been better than mediocre but I get what you're saying. I don't want him to leave but I won't be shedding any tears. Anyone think the Astros go all in to sign Story, Lindor, Seager, or Baez?

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Lindor signed a 10 year deal with the Mets.

Correa shows up on the playoffs and is a really good defensive player, but if the right offer is made I wouldn't be against it. It has to be a massive return though.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Vincent Vega wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:57 pm
Lindor signed a 10 year deal with the Mets.
I didn't want him anyway.

Master of My Domain

Post by Master of My Domain »

I don't trade Correa this season unless the offer is just too stupid to pass up. Think of him as a rental for this season, and the Astros are a legit contender. Play it out.

Starting pitching has been better than expected. Getting Framber back is huge. However, I worry about LMJ's health and I'm not counting on Luis Garcia doing this all season. Would be nice if Odorizzi could step up. Biggest problem, though, is the bullpen by far. Click has to make a move or two to solidify things. If we're relying on Joe Smith and Brooks Raley, we're f'ed.
“May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.” - Jack Burton

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Correa has stepped up over the last couple weeks. He must have read my 5/24 post here on the Fest. :D

Since then he has hit .359 including 4 HR's and 9 runs in 11 games. His OPS has jumped 100 points from .749 to .849.

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

very encouraged by Correa. Keep it up dude. I'd still trade him come deadline time if we get a great offer. Gonna lose him anyways. Get some pieces. Legit prospects - all arms.

Pen MUST get help.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

GlassJoe wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Pen MUST get help.
3 run triple to go up 7-4 and the bullpen completely melts down. I'll take the 2 out of 3 in Boston, but shit, should have been a sweep.

Did y'all see that ball Altuve golfed into the Green Monster seats? How in the holy hell did he do that? I read it was the lowest pitch hit for a HR since 2018.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Trade Correa for bullpen arms. They might then have a legitimate shot at going far in the playoffs. With how the playoffs are now, it's impossible to ask the Astros bullpen to carry them through any series.

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

yeah, correa is actually playing well. like seeing that. and right on, if we get a good offer for him, move him. two legit bullpen arms and one stud starting pitching prospect will be required.

oh, and F U Rangers. suck on that.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

I think trading Correa would be a huge blow to the lineup. He really is the leader in the clubhouse it seems, and man does he come up with some monster hits in the clutch. Trading Correa for bullpen arms isn't enough. What the Astros need to do is man up and sign him to a long-term deal and go out and get some bullpen arms by the trade deadline. And then win the whole f'n thing.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

1. Houston Astros (LW: 3)

Houston, we have a new No. 1 team. The Astros are 16–4 in their last 20 games and boast far and away the best lineup in baseball. Houston’s wRC+ (124) is 11 points better than the next-best team (the Dodgers at 113). That’s larger than the gap between Los Angeles and the No. 11 offense (Atlanta at 103). What’s even more impressive is, unlike the White Sox, the Astros perform their best against the top teams. Houston is 35–19 against teams .500 or better, easily the best mark in baseball. A year ago, the Astros were poised to be baseball’s most reviled villains in the wake of the sign-stealing scandal. That feels like ages ago given the sticky situation the league finds itself in at present. But fans who feel robbed of getting to boo to their hearts’ content when the Astros came to town last year can rest easy—stadiums are open again, and Houston is back on top.
https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/06/21/mlb-p ... reddit.com

27. Texas Rangers (LW: 26)

The losses keep piling up for the Rangers, who have dropped 19 of their past 22 as the team’s pitching continues to flounder. Dane Dunning in particular has gone through a rough patch, going 0–3 with a 6.65 ERA and 1.94 WHIP in his last five starts. Rookie sensation Adolis García had a much-needed two-hit day with a home run Sunday. Before that, he had been batting .217/.230/.300 in 15 games during the month of June.
*nelson

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

this has been fun to watch. they're not just winning, they're winning by 4-5 runs every game it seems.

I thought this was a 500 team.....so far, so wrong!

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

You're not supposed to say anything GJ. Might as well bet on the Tigers tonight. *defeated

I kid, I kid.

All these wins and high scoring games and no Bregman. Much of it without Tucker too. Pretty crazy.

Oh, and a few weeks ago I was ready to run Straw out of town, but he's actually been pretty damn good of late.

I literally still love Altuve.

SIGN CORREA.

The starting pitching has kicked ass during this win streak. We all know what we have in Greinke and McCullers, but Urquidy, Garcia, and Valdez have been fantastic. Even Odorizzi has been decent.

bullpen still scares you to death.

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

Jinx avoided, VV!!

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

GlassJoe wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:49 pm
Jinx avoided, VV!!
Keep it rollin'.

hard of smelling

Post by hard of smelling »

3 more with the Tigers, then 3 at home vs the O's.

This is getting fun.
It's not a lie if you believe it.