2022 Future SEC Champions

Eventually the Rona will be on the run and we'll have sports again, right!?
Master of My Domain

2022 Future SEC Champions

Post by Master of My Domain »

And it begins...

Malick Sylla
Weakside Defensive End
6-6 230
Katy HS
Katy, TX

Four Stars
#37 Nationally, #7 in Texas, #3 at his position

Chose A&M over Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, LSU, OU, Texas and many others.

Buzz has been building for a week or so that we're about to have a flurry of 2022 commitments. Jimbo is going to tear it up in recruiting this year.
“May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.” - Jack Burton

T-Bubs

Re: 2022 Future SEC Champions

Post by T-Bubs »

Huge get!

Master of My Domain

Donovan Green
Tight End
6-4 220
Dickinson, TX
Dickinson HS

Four Stars
106 Nationally, 18 in Texas, 3 at position

Chose A&M over Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, MIchigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, OU, Texas and others.

Master of My Domain

PJ Williams
Offensive Tackle
6-4 255
Dickinson, TX
Dickinson HS

Four Stars
158 Nationally, 25 in Texas, 20 at position

Chose A&M over Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Texas and others.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Put some weight on that Williams kid.

Master of My Domain

2022 DT Bear Alexander commits to Georgia today...disappointing and a bit of a surprise, as we had felt really good about this one. BUT, there is a year left to go, and Jimbo has a track record of reelilng some of these kids in after they commit elsewhere. If not, we're killing it at DL...we'll be ok.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

CHIT! We missed out on 3* QB, General Booty. You read that right. This ultimate dude's name is General Booty.

Master of My Domain

Conner Weigman
Dual-Threat Quarterback
6-2 205
Bridgeland HS
Cypress, TX

Four Stars
No. 93 Nationally, 16 in Texas, 5 position

Chose A&M over Florida, OU, Texas and others. Also considered to be a big-time baseball prospect.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Herman's staff offered, but Sark's did not re-offer. The new staff favors Ewers, Maalik Murphy (out of Cali, ranked 30th overall), and Klubnik. Ewers is probably a long shot at this point. Word is Maalik could be close to committing to Texas, and Klubnik is a bad motherfucker. I'll take him or Murphy.
Last edited by Vincent Vega on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk Moreland

Post by Bunk Moreland »

Love to grab a QB early. Helps a lot of others along in their decision making process IMO.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

I saw he's already met with Childress and expects to play baseball too.

GlassJoe

Post by GlassJoe »

I watched the Weigman kid play once this year. Looked GOOD. I was pleased UT was after him, then "not pleased" when we were not going after him. #recruitinganalysis.

Master of My Domain

Vincent Vega wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:46 pm
Herman's staff offered, but Sark's did not re-offer. The new staff favors Ewers, Maalik Murphy (out of Cali, ranked 30th overall), and Klubnik. Ewers is probably a long shot at this point. Word is Maalik could be close to committing to Texas, and Klubnik is a bad motherfucker. I'll take him or Murphy.
The spin out of Austin on this is hilarious...yeah, Sark didn't want a Top 100 quarterback and elite baseball prospect.

Klubnik is real good and would be a huge win if you can get him. But, as I understand it, the kid comes from an Aggie family. Getting a kid that grew up an Aggie fan to commit to Texas would be a hell of a recruiting job.

Watched Ewers in the state title game. Big time arm, but Klubnik clearly outplayed him. Ewers didn't seem to know what to do when he was pressured.

Master of My Domain

GlassJoe wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:16 pm
I watched the Weigman kid play once this year. Looked GOOD. I was pleased UT was after him, then "not pleased" when we were not going after him. #recruitinganalysis.
Watched some footage of Weigman yesterday...if you watch a two-minute highlight reel, you can make anybody look good. But, Weigman's tape does jump out. Makes some tough throws, and has just a little bit of Manziel in him when he takes off. Really intriguing prospect.

And, already seems to be that pied piper type guy who is going to bring in other recruits.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

Master of My Domain wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:56 pm
Vincent Vega wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:46 pm
The spin out of Austin on this is hilarious...yeah, Sark didn't want a Top 100 quarterback and elite baseball prospect.

Klubnik is real good and would be a huge win if you can get him. But, as I understand it, the kid comes from an Aggie family. Getting a kid that grew up an Aggie fan to commit to Texas would be a hell of a recruiting job.

Watched Ewers in the state title game. Big time arm, but Klubnik clearly outplayed him. Ewers didn't seem to know what to do when he was pressured.
Spin? Sark's staff hasn't offered him. That isn't spin, it's fact. They favor other guys that are all top 100 prospects. Sark specifically said in his recent PC that they will not offer many QB's each cycle. They want to focus on a couple kids they highly value that fit their scheme.

And yes, I'm aware Klubnik comes from an aggy family. He's also grown up 15 minutes from the Texas campus.

I watched the title game. Klubnik was awesome. Ewers made some unbelievable throws in that game. I think because he lost people are looking for reasons to talk him down some, but he has an elite arm and still threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's. His defense couldn't get stops.

And Wiegman is a great prospect. I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. Just pointing out Sark has not offered.

Master of My Domain

Yes, Vega...spin.

Now, let me look at this most favorably as I can for Texas. Yes, Ewers is considered to be the #1 QB in the country, and you're going to do everything you can to flip him back. But, since he is committed currently to another school, you can't put all your eggs in that basket.

I know nothing about the Murphy kid, but taking a quick look at his 247 page, it lists four other school as the ones he is "warm" to right now. Now, I know that stuff isn't always accurate, but you don't put all your eggs in the basket of an out of state kid either, unless he commits to you. Maybe not even then. Sark may be able to get this kid, but there doesn't seem to be anything out there that makes that seems like a strong likelihood right now.

Klubnik. I'm a fan. If Jimbo had gotten his commitment and shut down QB right then and there, I would have been fine with that. But, I don't care where he grew up...any kid that grew up in an Aggie family is going to have a real hard time putting on a burnt orange uniform. I don't have any real knowledge of that situation, but that seems like a longshot, too.

Weigman. Meh, not interested. "Sark doesn't fit think he'll fit our system." Kid is a stud talent. He would fit any system. "I know she is a supermodel, but I wouldn't want her. Her ankles are a little thick, and I hate the way she laughs." That is what it sounds like. Seems to me that they knew Weigman was a lost cause, and now the "analysts" in Austin want to downplay a big recruiting win for A&M because that is their job.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

I don't understand what you are arguing here. You indicated in your post that Weigman committed to aggy and that Texas offered. I mentioned Herman's staff did, but that Sark's has not, and that they are focused on 3 other QB's. You take that as "spin". Okay.

Master of My Domain

Vincent Vega wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:45 pm
I don't understand what you are arguing here. You indicated in your post that Weigman committed to aggy and that Texas offered. I mentioned Herman's staff did, but that Sark's has not, and that they are focused on 3 other QB's. You take that as "spin". Okay.
Vega, I didn't mean this personally towards you...more at the recruiting experts in Austin. You're right...Sark hasn't "re-offered" him, and the gurus are saying because he is so focused on those other three guys who are better fits in Sark's offense. I've watched a lot of Alabama offense in the past few years...Weigman would run the offense just fine. Sark may not have "re-offered" him, but he should have. I would understand that argument if you had one of those guys committed, but you don't. In fact, you very well might be on the outside looking in on all three.

The state of Texas is producing three really good QB prospects in 2022...wouldn't surprise me at all if Texas didn't get any of them.

Master of My Domain

Hunter Erb
Offensive Tackle
6-6 305
Eaton High School
Haslet, TX

Currently unranked

Chose A&M over Oklahoma, as well as USC, Oregon, Ole Miss and others.

A little off the radar early, but Jimbo and Co. see something they really like. Big frame for sure.

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Is this guy the Big Show's illegitimate bastard son?