Podcasts

Movies, TV, Music, JY's Gaming sucktitude, etc.
NumberTwo

Podcasts

Post by NumberTwo »

I’ve finally modernized myself to an extent, bought some AirPods and started listening to some podcasts while I try and get in some exercise when I can. My initial response is that it makes the time pass a little quicker and I’m trying learn a few things along the way. Recent hits have been the Orange Tree podcast from UT College of Communication and some other True Crime podcasts. I had this one recommended the other day and thought it was interesting. https://neoliberalproject.org/neoliberal-podcast
I don’t know what a neoliberal is but I listened to the Karl Muth Aug 26th episode and feel a little smarter after listening. I can recommend that one. Any suggestions on a podcast I’m missing out on? If any of y’all recommend it, I’ll give it a shot.

Titties (o)(o)

Re: Podcasts

Post by Titties (o)(o) »

I too am exploring the brave new world of podcasts.

The Orange Tree was fantastic. Laura Hall is truly one of the worst people on the planet. What a cunt.

I've been listening to StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson for the past several weeks. Especially the Cosmic Queries and the physics of sports episodes. The universe is fucked up.

For true crime, Small Town Dicks and The Murder Squad are good. Effectively Wild is a pretty interesting baseball podcast. Jim put me on to that one. He also suggested Econtalk but I haven't started that yet.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Joe Rogan's is great, especially the most recent Sturgill Simpson episode.

Stuff You Should Know is another one I'll listen to if I'm driving.

Meateater is good stuff as well.

It's pretty old now but I'm sure you've heard of Serial, the story about Hae Min Lee's murder by her boyfriend. That was what got me hooked on Podcasts, it's good stuff. You'd have to go to the beginning, Season 1 Episode 1 for that story.

Vincent Vega

Post by Vincent Vega »

The Rewatchables on Spotify. It's a podcast discussing movies you can't stop watching. You know, rewatchable films. Bill Simmons (The Ringer) hosts most episodes. Good stuff.

The History or WWII Podcast by Ray Harris Jr. Spotify.

Only a few episodes so far, but Literally! by Rob Lowe.

The Cold War: What We Saw - Also on Spotify

T-Bubs

Post by T-Bubs »

Ridiculous History - cannot recommend enough

The Ryen Russillo Podcast

Bring Back the Bronco - the rise, fall, and rebirth of the Ford Bronco

If you are really looking to waste your time with mindless fun:
Wizard and the Bruiser - they talk about our generation pop culture stuff (e.g. Ren and Stimpy, King of the Hill, Batman, Superman, Twin Peaks, Star Wars

Married with Sports